Saturday, June 11, 2011

Home Alone!!

I'm home alone this morning! It is simply wonderful! I must admit- of everything in this world- this is my guilty pleasure. The peace and quiet of being home alone. It's not that I have control of the remote control- although that big red OFF button sure is beautiful!! It's not the cliche of running around sans clothing- but be warned that "the girls" do run loose.
What you would find if you were to drop by would be nothing mind blowing. Me in the recliner reading a book on the Kindle. Me playing Angry Birds. Me enjoying the quiet hearing nothing except my ears ringing, or you might hear Third Day jamming on Pandora. Or me talking on the phone without any interruptions.
My 16 year old thinks that because I so treasure this alone time, it must mean that I hate her and the baby-daddy. My sweet sweet girl, if you are reading this, all I can tell you is this. When you are 40 and have raised two kids and been married as long as I have, you will understand. This is my bliss.
Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go enjoy the rest of my time before it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment